CHATEAU PITRAY 750ML (BLEND)
Pitray has been owned by the same family for the last six hundred years. The XVth century feudal manor built by the Prieurs, was rebuilt in the XVIIth century by their descendants, a branch of the powerful Ségur family, whose only daughter married her neighbour Elie de Simard, a former mayor of Saint Emilion, in 1715. In 1868, General Louis de Simard de Pitray had the present castle built by an architect from Bordeaux named Blaquières. This impressive building in « Victorian Gothic » style, is surrounded by a park featuring century-old oak and cedar trees.